Courageous

Psalm 103:13
As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

Last night John and I were going to sneak away for a date night, sushi and a movie, but then I remembered the movie Courageous that I've been wanting to see for-ever finally came out, so I called blockbuster, sorry all out, we can put you on a huge waiting list! Then I remembered my sweet friends told me about the RedBox App, you can reserve movies, then go to your nearest location to get it! I quickly added it on my I-Phone, so seamless, they had one waiting at Albertson. 
You have to see this movie with your family!!! Not a dry eye in the Slee household! Every one, John, Me, Sage, Little John, even Sadie broke down! This movie is about fathers stepping up to become the fathers they can be! Wow such a powerful message. This $1.00 movie has had a lasting effect on us, better than spending $40, on date night! Here is a write up on the effects of fatherlessness in America

"Fatherlessness affects more than 25 million children in America. Emotional fatherlessness affects millions more. Absent fathers are the root cause of children who are oftentimes abused, live in poverty, and suffer psychological distress, which produces: 63 percent of youth suicides, 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children, 85 percent of all children with behavioral problems, and 85 percent of all youth in prisons. Children without a father become the statistics of every negative report and they most often live with a mother burdened by the stress of a lack of support for her children." My heart goes out to all the fatherless, but guess what we have a Heavenly Father who can pick up the slack, of a slacker dad!!!

 The park was packed, this was a 5year old "club", that reluctantly let Chloe in!!
 This little girl loves to climb tree's

 Chloe has this funny smile
While I was taking pictures Sadie said mom take a picture of me doing this, I saw it on a movie

OK time to jam, house, workout, mellow day!! Love day's like this, Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts