Dream house! And chores

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7

It's no secret I love the beach! I escape to Malibu or Santa Barbara as much as I can! I've been known to pull John and Sage out of school just because the weather was perfect. Where you write the reason, why your taking them out of school, I put beach day with mom!!! Elle Decor's latest issue is of Courtney Cox's Malibu pad, sooo gorgeous!! Here are some shots of the house.... My dream
I love her color pallet or lack there of?? Greys, white, black, wood






 On a completely different note, I wanted to share something I heard from Chelsea Cameron, during her "24/7" class that I take in the fall. She was talking about children and responsibilities, I love the quote she said, "Our house is not a pleasure cruise, we are all valuable members on a ship, dad is the caption, mom the co-caption, and children the crew members!" This resonated with me so strongly, I want my kids to be valuable members, not passengers, who (expect) everything from their dad and I. They must pull their own weight around here. My goal is when they are grown they will know how to take care of themselves from A to Z! So the training starts now, with chores, I expect John and Sage to complete their chores everyday, no matter what! Some days are better than others, where they just do it completely on their own, other days I have to ask, or excuse me tell them. Little John is in charge of the laundry he must bring it all down to the laundry room and take the clean, folded laundry upstairs. Plus he handles the trash, as well as the pool cleaning. Sage must vacuum the down stairs everyday, and upstairs once a week. They both unload the dishwasher together. Sometimes we think they do a lot other times not enough??
 Chloe loves to juice with me, she'll even drink our "power juice"
 Sage not so happy about doing her chore, summer time is definitely harder to get them to complete their chores!!
 Sage fixed Sadie, Kristen and Chloe up, she did their hair, outfits, and make-up.

Back to being little girls


 Sadie and Kristen had their first sleepover!!! We made them a bed next to ours
Have a great day, Shirley


Comments

  1. Beautiful,Beautiful family, awesome home, stay blessed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts