House Ideas

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 

I'm completely in love with Patrick Dempsey and his wife Jillians home in Malibu. I called John while at the library and in a hushed tone and said, "I found exactly what we've been talking about in the new Architectural Digest". 
Our backyard has three levels, each with quiet a bit of space, but only two of those levels are flat, so we're carving into the hillside of the second to flatten it out to gain a lot of useable land. In this new spot we are going to make a eating/fireplace, area, like this one
 Love everything about the entrance, the wood floors, white walls, the antique rug
 In our entrance right now you enter into a tiny mudroom, we will be sealing this area off, and putting in a fireplace there, SO I've been on the hunt virtually to see what style I like, I'm leaning towards smooth stucco, with a old/ weathered piece off wood as a seating area
 Beams!!!
 A pool that looks so inviting, reminds me of a boat dock
 Now on the bottom level, we want to do a raised vegetable garden, we go through a lot of vegetables, and think it's a valuable lesson for the kids to learn how to garden, I grew up with my momma always tending, picking, watering, her gardens.
Some fireplace ideas
 I love this idea as well, but think I may tire of it, so just by incorporating some weathered wood into it, I'd get my fix!
 So imagine this, with a wood seating area
 And we went to price out our huge window, 9 feet wide, and 6 feet tall, can't wait!


I think wayyy to much about home design, and drive aimlessly to check out a few construction sites, monitoring looking at the progress. I'll admit I've almost caused a few wrecks, pulling over for a open house here and there:)) Off to the rock yard hoping to get some pavers ordered today. Love you, Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts