Upholstered head boards

Blessed is the man who fears theLord, who delights greatly in His commandments. —Psalm 112:1

Yeah the little girls headboards are finally finished! I'm falling in love with upholstery it's very rewarding. Even though all my fingers are either burned, or calloused I'd do it again. John's been in New York so I did this one all by my self. First I measured the beds, bought cheap ply board at Home-Depot, then 3 inch foam from Joann's, fabric, on clearance, batting, upholstery button kit, upholstery string, an upholstery needle, staples for my staple gun, and I was good to go! 
Each bed needed 21 buttons, 
  I gridded out the foam decided where each button goes, I then glued the foam to ply board,  stapled the batting down. 
Now cutting the foam out is tricky, last time we used pipe, this time I used a knife. Where each hole is next you drill out a hole for the buttons to go through.
 From the back of the board I used a scourer, to poke a hole through the fabric, then with an upholstery needle string the button through, and staple it tight to the back. Sorry I didn't use pictures step by step, I tend to start and plow right through!
 This time I decided to do the diamond tuft, I love the elegance of it.

 Hope you enjoyed, now time to start on Sage's huge head board, this one I need John for!
 Time to get a workout in, I've been truly shocked at how fast my day's fly. I'm pleading with God to slow it down, I want to enjoy each day. Once I start a project, I feel a little guilty, like I don't give my all to the kids, so last night I had the kids come into the garage and talk to me, play, laugh. I felt less guilty. Then I cuddled with little girls in my bed read them stories till they fell asleep. Tucked Little John in by reading out of Psalms. Then kissed, hugged Sage goodnight while she was doing homework. Listening to a radio program while driving for the 9th time Tuesday, I heard someone state, parents, spend your time wisely while your children are in your home, before you know it they will be off, living their own life, and you'll never get that time back! This really convicted me, I decided to really limit my time on my phone, projects, reading, I need to invest into my children, listen to them, teach them, and most of all let them know I am here for them, no matter what. I'll drop anything, anytime, when they need me. May the God of Love be with you today, Shirley



Comments

  1. hi
    i havent read your blog for a while but have just got to the bit about more time with children and you have realy made me think about my own, even thoughmy daughters 20 and son is 15 hey think they dont need me as much but i need to show them more that we all need each other.. you have a lovely family, ps love the headboards, might even try one off these myself xxmany thanks for the inspiration
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    i havent read your blog for a while but have just got to the bit about more time with children and you have realy made me think about my own, even thoughmy daughters 20 and son is 15 hey think they dont need me as much but i need to show them more that we all need each other.. you have a lovely family, ps love the headboards, might even try one off these myself xxmany thanks for the inspiration
    michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts