Sugar Nation

Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24

I love the mornings, the house is buzzing with kids getting ready, lunches getting made, hair getting fixed, outfits being tryed on!! Pretty crazy, but I wouldn't change it for anything! Then all of a sudden it's quiet, 3 out of 4 are gone! Chloe is loving her time with me, we've been baking, painting, reading books, going to the park, and library. Yesterday I had a client, who is an exchange student from Germany, she is such a sweet girl. I learned a lot about her country, she says she is most surprised at how friendly Americans are! Chloe loved her, talked her ear off, and made her read a few books to her. Her host mother, is a dear friend of mine, who is  a sweety as well, so patient and loving to my kids, Chloe played with her as well, when they left I had Chloe clean up her mess, she said, "Mom Mary's so nice, but she sure is messy!!" So funny, it's always easier to point fingers!! I'm reading a new book called Sugar Nation
This book is so powerful, the author talks about the danger of sugar how 1 in 3 people are pre-diabetic. Our diets are saturated with sugar. Really a wake up call. Most of my kids eat healthy, but it's Chloe that I worry about she is so picky and refuses to try new foods, she will eat nuts and meats, but her favorite is sugar, so it's been my goal to introduce new foods, but as we speak we are attempting to make a duck cake! It's not easy, she loves the Cake Boss, and on You Tube she'll watch cake decorators. So she asked to make a duck cake today!! Don't judge!!

 Alright time to get on with my day, I need to get a workout in, then maybe the park with my Coco.. God bless Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts