Cousins visit, and a juice fast!

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Romans 13:1

This weekend came and went so fast! My relatives came from Bishop to visit, it was a fun, relaxing time, except for Saturday, Raquel and I went on a marathon shopping spree! After having her last baby she needed to update with basically a whole new wardrobe!! And who better to help her out than me!! 
Raquel and Feather with her loot!
Here's Raquel and baby Feather, I put her in the baby Bjorn while we shopped Saturday, it felt soo nice having a little one snuggled up to me! 
 Sadie and Chloe with their cousin Usu
 Chloe playing with her baby cousin, after they left, she asked me why they had to take the baby??

 Mariah Bethany, and Sadie
 Sage and Coco
 Sadie holding her baby cousin
 OK NOW...... Last night John and I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and both loved it, I highly recommend!!! We both were so inspired with what rebooting your body with mass nutrients can do, physically as well as mentally, we both decided to go this week with just juice!!!!


John washed and juiced all this for us this morning! I'm excited, I've done things like this before, so I do know first hand the health benefits from juicing, years ago my Dad and I would do Wednesday juice fast, for over two years we did this. It was our thing we did together, when I moved away to Santa Barbara. We'd call and check in with each other, and just think of one another. Love you Dad!!
I'll keep you posted I know it is not going to be easy, I woke this morning and my first thought was oh yummy can't wait for my coffee, and Ezekiel bread, with peanut butter and fruit!! Then oh man were juicing, might as well sleep in 10 more minutes!! Have a great day, Shirley

Comments

  1. Thank You for your sweet comment on my blog. :) Concerning the anxiety attacks... I haven't had many in the last 7 years since my daughter was born, and all the sudden in the last 3 months they have popped up again, and at the oddest times. I swear it is hormones. Grr! But I still covet your prayers! Thank You! Panic attacks bite the big one. LOL! I have learned so much though, so I can usually overcome. And juicing... so good for you! My mom and I have been juicing for years. There is a book out by a man who makes the "juiceman" brand juicer, and it is so packed with great information. I just watched a movie the other night about nutrition called Forks Over Knives put on by a group called CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Program) it was so great! I would recommend you see it if you can find it. It talks about getting back to a plant based diet. I am very over weight right now, and am working my way back to a healthier me. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we bought a juicer last month. so far i'm really only juicing for breakfast and lunch monday thru friday. i have not noticed a difference at all really. what am i doing wrong?

    do i really need to go cold turkey and have nothing but juice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolina depends what u are juicing, veges such as carrots celery, parsley, swischard also limiting calories you should notice, energy, and weightloss. If nothing else your getting healthy nutrients!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very interested in knowing more about juicing. For someone who is just beginning, is there a website or a particular book that you would recommend. Thank you for any information you could pass on to me. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, hello I found many great online resources but for me I would start out substituting a meal with a juice meal, I would juice apples, parsley, carrots, celery, make enough like a cup or two. Then gradually increase if your looking for weight loss, I would do lunch and dinner juicing, your body will thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts