Christmas /my birthday

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

35!! Almost half way through.... I still feel like a 18 year old, I only truly realize how old I am when someone I think I'm way younger than tells me, "Oh I'm 24" Hahah reality check! 
I love birthdays it's a day to make someone you love feel special, and appreciated, it's so nice to get messages, or phone calls, gifts in the mail. Makes you feel loved. Mine this year didn't disappoint, John booked a really nice dinner in Cardiff right on the ocean, Rachel and Johnny, their two babies, and my sis Rachel met us there. We had great food and great company. 
Then we came home to a beautiful carrot cake Sage made me. Bubbas face is so funny he keeps me cracking up! Except when he said, "hey mom this time next year I'll be in college I'll probably miss your birthday!" Yeah way to tear my heart out, then he hands me a card he wrote me, I couldn't get past Happy birthday momma, he had to finish reading it to me! 
Beautiful Chloe, she is so smart, and hilarious 

 Rachel and Esther, happy to say Essy loves her auntie more and more, and I'm head over heels for her
 Girls and me Yes Sage is way taller than me:((
 Luke and his family! So cute
 Forgot to post about our Christmas, we took the kids to Bishop and had a great time there. John left early with Sage. We stayed on to sled and spend more time with family
 Uncle go proving Little John
 We saw some familiar faces while sledding, so nice to come from a small town where everybody knows everybody!


 My amazing bro

 Sadie had a big part in her school play! After I got asked if she took acting lessons! She hammed it up

 Baby cousins
 Daddy helping with the ginger bread house
 Grammy! Love her
 Luke looking so handsome in the shirt auntie bought him in Kauai
 These two look so similar its funny, she even laughs like her uncle


 Sage such a beauty, we've been doing Wednesday hikes so nice to get out of the house and take advantage of her being home schooled
 I bought a house plant a fiddle leaf fig tree, ummm I do not have the best track record with indoor plants, so fingers crossed this beauty lives!!!
I planted a huge winter garden I'll post pictures about it soon, kale, broccoli, garlic, onions, arugula, bell peppers, some other stuff too. Alright time for gym then house chores. Love you all, Shirley

Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Shirley! What a beautiful, professional-looking cake Sage made you! Have been enjoying your blog for years and have to comment that I love the way you love your family and fill your days with so much...LIFE! I also have a child who will be going off to college this year and even though it's less than an hour away and I know this is the next stage of our lives, I'm still struggling with "letting go" and the tears flow more often than I care to admit. Hopefully, we've given them roots to stay grounded and true and wings to soar and hopefully, it gets easier after we all make the transition. Blessings to you and your family and thank you so much for all that you share with your on-line "friends".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts