Turquoise Book case

Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve . . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. —Joshua 24:15

Sadie and Chloe needed a bookshelf. Both girls love reading, and many of their books were scattered in their closet, my night stand, downstairs.....
I really have a hard time buying anything new, most times I feel like hey I can make that! So last week I drove past a thrift store, right outside I spotted a well built bookcase. It had a price tag of $35.00, but it was my lucky day it was Tuesday when everything is 30% off! 
I pulled off the back, went to Lowes and bought a huge roll of textured wall paper for $18, I glued it down to the back of the bookcase, then painted it turquoise. 
To give the bookcase a old-world finish I used three different paint, (turquoise, white, black) once it dried I applied a ebony stain over it. 
The girls love their "new" bookcase"

 Up super early this A.M. going to start my day:) Love, Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts