Friendships

Two are better than one . . . . For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. —Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Moving away from the place we called home for almost 7 years was hard on us all. That season in my life was pretty much spent, nursing, giving naps, feeding, so I was at home most of my day's. I would venture out to the park, that was about the extent of my outing's. Thank God, I made one special friend for most of my lonely day's at home caring for four children. Then as time changed I started to pray for and seek out other mom's to befriend. Eventually God gave me a group of amazing, friends who became great friends. All this prepared me for this move, I've had to teach my kids how to open their hearts, to others. If you stay closed off, in your own world, you will not make new friends, but if you ask God He will give you the desires of your heart, it just takes you being willing, and open. I tell them,  the Bible says's "A man that has friends must show himself friendly" Proverbs 18:24 
 I've reconnected with an old friend from Bishop, Krista, It's great to reconnect. Rachel, Krista, and I went on a hike Friday, we put the camera on timer, that's why we are all hunched over. 
We didn't know the camera was shooting! 
Look who spent Saturday at auntie and uncle's!! The real reason we moved here:)) HE had so much fun, being entertained all day by his cousins. Luke thinks uncle John is hilarious he would just look at him and start laughing! I sooo wish I recorded him, I was holding him, he would sit up look at John and completely light up, smile, laugh, then give me tons of kisses, then back to uncle to laugh, he did this for about 10 minutes straight. Made our day
 Professional shoppers!
 Kids are off of school today, but not off of sports, little John is already at football, Sage has a volleyball game, then try outs for a volleyball club. No lack of things to do! Have a great day, Shirley




Comments

Popular Posts