Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Prov:30:31
If your looking for a book to read, I just finished Bethanny Frankel's book called A Place of Yes. I highly recommend it, for all my friends who are mothers, at times we wonder, "Wow really, is this all I'm here for wiping butts, cleaning, cooking, chauffeuring kids around???" A Place of Yes is about not giving up on those dreams, you had, or have, but living in the now, and whatever your doing do with all your heart, because one day those minuet task's may be preparing you for a big task! Bethanny has 10 rules to follow, here they are:
1. Break the chain. Your past happened, and it’s part of you, but you don’t have to carry forward the bad habits, bad feelings, and ideas about who you are from that part of your life.
2. Find your truth. Only you can know who you want to be, what you want out of life, and what the right path for you could be.
3. Act on it. You make things happen. Don’t wait for someone else to make them happen for you.
4. Everything’s your business. You never know what could become your next big break. Do everything to the best of your ability, give every job your all, and treat everything like it’s your business.
5. All roads lead to Rome. You won’t always know what’s over the horizon, but you will get somewhere good if you stay focused on what you want.
6. Go for yours. You have to get what you want before you can have the inner resources to give to others. Clarify your goals and then go for them.
7. Separate from the pack. To find your calling or succeed in the path you’ve chosen, sometimes you have to step out of the crowd and remember who you are.
8. Own it. Keep your word, act on your beliefs, and whether you regret something or not, always own up to it.
9. Come together. When all is said and done, life is about connection. Come together with others.
10. Celebrate! Life is precious. Love is precious. Celebrate the many good things you have instead of focusing on the worries, and you’ll find success, inner calm, and happiness at last.
-jumpstart your day through God’s Word and prayer
- trust the Lord in every circumstance
- enjoy a daily harvest of the fruit of the Spirit
- experience the joy of serving God and others
- make every day count by setting and meeting goals
- love their families and model Christlikeness
- use their influence to motivate others
My home town has been hit hard recently with three deaths in a matter of day's, all Native people, Prayers are needed, through this difficult time, hold your loved ones near, let them know how much you love them, life is so short, all we have is today! Shirley