Antlers

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:8


It's windy!!! The Santa Anna's are howling! Even through my ear plugs I could hear the wind all night. So powerful!
While I was visiting my dad and mom, I was blessed with several racks of antlers, from deer my dad has killed. I plan on mounting them myself, so I need to search out how to do this??? I've been wanting antlers for some time now, I was looking to buy, then I remembered oh wow my dad has been hunting since he was a boy, I'm sure he has a stock pile, and yep sure enough he did! He let me take my pick, I tried not to be greedy. Here are some inspiration shots....





 This spread is in my Inspiration tear out folder, I've kept this folder since I was 20, my mom got me started, she told me when you see something that inspires you tear it out and make a folder so you can always go back and make it your own! Wise words...
 
So wish me luck, I'm going to try to get the back boards today then spray paint them black, the antlers are almost white from being in the sun soo many years! And you know me with black and white=Love! 
Wanted to share pictures of John and Sage Halloween night, Lynda took these shots, they ditched John and I to Trick or Treat in the old hood!
Sage and Hanna (nerds)
 John's in the Gorilla Mask, this mask was his daddy's mask many years ago!
Alright time to get moving, have a blessed day, Shirley

Comments

  1. Girl, have you heard of Pinterest? It is an online virtual pinboard, where you can "pin" all of your inspirations. Like if you see something on line that you love, and want to remember the site you found it on, all you do is click a link in your favorites browser tool bar that says "pin it" and it saves it to your different boards. Check it out. It is a cool site when you want to save recipes, crafts, styles for home, clothing, etc. :)But your mom did have a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked it out and love it just the visual is soo cool, I'm so inspired from pictures I think this will be my new obsession!! See my momma was way ahead of the game!! Thanks Cory

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts