Trail ride

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. Isaiah 45:5
My friend Peri and I took our girls on a trail ride yesterday. Sage is showing a huge interest in horse's, she's had this love for a while now, but it seems to be growing, and growing! We want to encourage her  with this passion.
Peri with her girls GG, Bella, and Sage

   I grew up with horses we owned 4. Sarah was our first horse, she was the sweetest, gentlest, horse. Sarah's life has been filled with both joy and sorrow. One summer a wild mustang broke into our field and breeded Sarah, we all were so excited to have a baby foal! Winter rolled around, and in the middle of the night we heard dog's barking, Sarah neighing, it sounded like a ruckus! My mom went to take a look, and I'll never forget the sound in her voice. She was devastated, Sarah had given birth to twin foals, but they were born still. Perfect half Arab, Mustang, babies! Sarah had been trying to wake her babies, while trying to fight off the dogs that were trying to get at them! My mom came undone, and went into mom mode, comforting Sarah, chasing the dogs away, and mourning the baby foals! My aunt who lives in Washington has many horses, she gave us Sarah. After finding out what happened, she knew that God had a plan for Sarah, during this time my aunts horse gave birth to a baby colt, who she refused to nurse. So off went Sarah, to become the "new" mommy! She loved, protected, nursed, mothered that baby colt. She went on to have many more foals!
 These pony's stole my heart, their so beautiful!
 Bella
 Sage
 All the girls fell in love with this horse "Roxy" a gorgeous Paint.
 GG
 Sage made fast friends with the trail guide, the guide let Sage run up the hill to wait for us, we all walked at a slow pace, which was fine with me! I've had many scary incidences with wild horses, running off with me on their backs, getting bucked off! So while filling out the paper work they asked what speed horse do you want? I said the oldest, slowest you have!!!!
 Guess who got to ride as well my Sadie! We were worried that she would be too small, nope! She had her very own guide!
Little John is doing Cross Country this year as a freshman! So while I'm writing my blog his door opens, he's still rubbing his eyes, with his shoes in his arms??? Confused as to even seeing him this "early", even more confused as to why he has his running shoes in his arms?? We ask him what are you doing? Sleep walking? He mumbles something opens the front door and there are his two buddies waiting to go on a 4 mile run! So cute! In the picture you can see him trying to open his eyes! So proud of him! Hoping for many wonderful runs with my son!!!
 Lynda my photographer friend, took these shots of Chloe and her daughter Hanna, Sadie and Chloe had a huge play date over their house yesterday. They always have tons of fun there!




My shot when we came to pick them up this is what we found, a lemonade stand!

God bless you today and everyday, Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts