Santa Barbara Day

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:8

Santa Barbara Day!!
I took my girls and two friends to Santa Barbara yesterday. I've been feeling cabin fever lately, so I gathered up my girls, packed snacks, and off we went! We went straight to my favorite restaurant Mexican Fresh! Right next door there is a pizza place my kids have been going to for a long time. John and I moved to Santa Barbara in 2000. Those were some of the best years of our lives. We had no money, lived in a 800 square foot sugar shack! Sage was only a year when we moved there. I went to school in the night, John watched Lil John and Sage after work. We lived a couple blocks from State street, and a few away from the beach. We walked/ran every where, the parks in Santa Barbara are some of the most amazing, the kids had a blast. I would take them to story time at the library, then lunch at the zoo or a cool park. We had no cable, just lived huge!! I miss those days, and wish Sadie and Chloe could grow up like that as well! Every time I visit, I check the housing market out! I probably would move back in a second. It's not so easy to pick up and go any more since we all have made life long friends here.
 I stopped off at Target before going on our day trip, Chloe needed a simple, cheap stroller for the zoo. She loved it! Sadie pushed her around, making her feel so big!

 The girls

At the SB zoo there's a hill all the kids slide down on cardboard 

 Sage and her sisters
 Sage, Chloe, Hanna
 All the girls getting ready for the train, Sadie wasn't too happy!
 Had to get this shot of Sage and Sadie holding hands on the train, priceless!


  Onto to my favorite park we have always called it the castle park! I don't know the true name, but it's so fun for the kids.
 I have a picture of Sage and John on the same bridge at the same age's!
 My girls
 Sage and Hanna
 Grace and Sadie

 Her goal was to get a lilly pad with a flower on it, at the last moment, Grace reached far without falling in the pond and got her little friend Sadie one!
 The way home!
Taking Sage and Sadie horseback riding this morning! She's been begging me all summer!! Have a blessed day, Shirley

Comments

Popular Posts