"Way of life"

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. Palms 91:15
I hate the word diet. When I do use the word, I mean, "What do you eat on a daily basis," not what new fad are you on? For me eating healthy, working out is a way of life, like showering, or brushing my teeth. Growing up my older sister was on track, I loved seeing her compete, to me she seemed so strong. I started running soon after, at first up and down our long drive way. Soon after my older brother and dad started lifting weights in the garage. This also intrigued me, so I started lifting light weights as well. My mom was more of a nature girl, it was torture for her to be stuck on a treadmill, she would rather take long hikes, or ride her bike on trails. My parents set such great examples for their five kids, mom grew a garden yearly, she canned veggies, fruit from her trees. My dad hunted deer, geese, rabbit, also fished. So that is what we were raised on. We never had soda, candy, chips in the house. All my cousins, friends thought we were the weird family, that never had any "good" food in our house! Little did they know that we had all the "good" food!!! So a big thanks to my mom and dad, I love you both, more than you'll ever know!
I juice as often as I can, (kids have to drink as well)

In the garage, where I get 1 hour of "me" time
Trying to instil healthy habits for our kids. (Day after this picture was taken I found out I was 13 weeks pregnant with Chloe)
My older brother and sister, on one of our many hikes!!
My little brother!!! I know, I know......

Comments

Popular Posts